Many people want to live long enough to see their next generations. What they need to know w is that good health is vital to enable the body function accordingly. To have a long life, you need to take care of your body. If you don’t take care of your body, it will not reciprocate the same to you. In the modern world today, many people are so much engrossed in their careers that they claim that they do not have a time to grab a proper meal. They just snack. Below are ways to ensure that you live a long healthy life
1. It is all about a balanced diet. Eat healthy. a always ensure that you have fresh fruits, vegetables whole grains in your diet. Make them the main part of your meals. Also include proteins such as, chicken, fish and beans. Having a balanced diet does not mean that one overfeeds. Always eat food in the right portions. Avoid processed foods and always snack on fruits.
2. Never skip breakfast. A healthy breakfast is one way of staring your day well. You get the required energy for your body and mind to keep you going during the day. Always ensure you have a healthy breakfast to keep your blood sugars level stable and to maintain a healthy weight
3. Drink plenty of water. Water helps to keep our boy hydrated. Fresh plain water is the best. For a healthy body. Water is a natural cleanser for organs and the digestive system. It also helps in keeping the brain healthy by flushing out toxins. Drink 2-3 litres of water in a day.
4. Get enough sleep. Good sleep is vital for a healthy body. Make sure you get 8 hours of sleep daily for about six days I a week to ensure that your body functions well. Always have a relaxing bed time routine.
5. Eat regularly. Don’t skip meals especially breakfast. George from HealthyTop10s cautions that skipping meals prompts one to have an untamed appetite. Nibbling in between meals controls the hunger pangs.
6. Exercise. Make sure that you move more. Engage in activities such as walking. These helps control body weight, and ensure the overall health is in check.
7. Avoid stress. Stress has been known to cause serious health repercussions such as high blood pressure which could lead to heart diseases. Always stay happy and avoid situations that may cause you to be stressed.
8. Have smart goals and follow them. Let them be specific, measurable, action oriented, realistic and also timely.
9. Have healthy relationships. Toxic relations are as bad as cancer. Surround yourself with people who can help you in challenging times in times regarding you’re your health and happiness too. Connect with people who are of good encouragement and can be counted on as accountability partners.
10. Always stay positive. When challenges come, focus on the positive changes even though they are little. Be good to yourself. Always think the best of yourself. The bible puts it that, ” as a man thinketh in his heart, so is he”.For more info nhs.uk